Medicare beneficiaries may be eligible for Medicare home health care in our home health program locations. To learn more about whether you are eligible for Medicare and what Medicare covers, call the Senior LinkAge Line at 1-800-333-2433.
Medical Assistance (MA)
Medical Assistance is a health insurance program for people of any age with low income. Apply through your local county human services department. For more information, contact the Senior LinkAge Line at 1-800-333-2433, or the Disability LinkAge Line at 1-866-333-2466.
Medical Assistance home and community-based services programs
- Alternative Care Program – offering certain home and community-based services for Minnesotans at least 65 years old.
- Brain Injury Waiver – for people with a traumatic or acquired brain injury, and who need the level of care provided in a nursing facility or neurobehavioral hospital.
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver – for chronically ill and medically fragile persons who need the level of care provided in a hospital.
- Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver – for adults 18-64 years old who have disabilities and require the level of care provided in a skilled nursing facility.
- Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver –for persons with developmental disabilities or related conditions who need the level of care in an Intermediate Care Facility.
- Elderly Waiver (EW) – for adults over 65 years old who need the level of care provided in a skilled nursing facility.
- Consumer Support Grant –a state-funded option to the Medicaid home care services of home health aide, personal care assistance, and/or home care nursing.
Private pay and private insurance
Most private health and long-term care insurances include a home health care benefit. Contact your insurance carrier to learn about your benefits. You may also buy home care services with your private dollars when they are not covered by other payers.